Friday, February 5, 2016

http://teacher.worthytoknow.net/my-teacher-shamed-me-when-i-couldnt-read#


ANTHONY HAMILTON

Anthony Hamilton is a writer who lives in Hayward, California. He is the author of several books, including The Autobiography of Strong Child and Shattered Lives.
when I was 10 or 11, a teacher humiliated me. We were to tell what our father's occupation was. My dad was a group supervisor of schools, (technically her boss.) I perhaps didn't say it properly as it was a mouth ful, and she didn't expect what I was saying. She was very rude and said back mumbling what I was trying to say. I was humiliated. Like Anthomy Hamilton, I am a writer of 7 books, a public speaker. Three years ago, I was celebrated in my home town. I wonder if she read the newspapers, I wonder if she read about me. Recently, I saw a photo of her with a junior class.
The moral of the story is never humiliate your students.

1 comment:

Reader Wil said...

Such teachers are not worth to be called teachers. A teacher should always respect the students who want her to instruct them, no matter how old, rich or intelligent they are.There are always so called teachers who want to humiliate their students. Of course I also met such people who love to correct me all the time, knowing that I might be less stupid than they think, but now I can tell them to shut up( in a polite way,of course!)LOL I am absolutely not impressed by them!
Thanks for your comment!
Wil, ABCW Team