Tuesday, July 28, 2015

ABC Wed: Letter C for charity.







My girl Friend Rasinah Chai has become a practising Muslim.  She  has done a lot of charity work through Macma for many years. 

Now, she is the president of the Rotary club where she will be involved in more charity work.To set up projects to help the poor and needy, especially in the rural areas. We have set up a lot of hydro projects to bring in clean water to the long houses in Bakalalang n Belaga. Smaller projects are helping rural school children with their English.






 When I was living in Singapore, my friends and I had "Foodsale." We cooked and sold our food to neighbours and the proceeds went to the Deaf In Kenya.

We were not the only people raising funds. One year, a group of Americans went and gifted gifts.

When my church had  silent auctions to raise funds to a school in Thailand. I offered to cook a Malaysian dinner for 4. I assured the successful bidder that I cook curry chicken quite well. I used to cook 5 chickens 4 times a year for 16 years for "Foodsale."




A pot of Curry Chicken with Saffron Rice cooked  for charity.
For 4 adults;


http://abcwednesday-mrsnesbitt.blogspot.co.nz/

3 comments:

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Donating a homemade meal in a silent auction is perfect. My high school class does a silent auction fundraiser every year for the scholarship we established. I don't know if I feel confident about offering a homemade meal yet. Something for me to think about in the future.
The View from the Top of the Ladder

Ann said...

Doing something for others is one sure way to feel better about yourself.
Ann

Roger Owen Green said...

CHARITY is so important!

ROG, ABCW