Monday, March 9, 2015

Save our Kauri tree.




I went to a track in the bush and saw this as a precaution to stop the Kauri dieback disease. I always do this procedure in an attempt to stop this disease to our big giant tree.

Then I was sickened that the council approved the chopping down of a 500 year old kauri tree and a 300 year old rimu tree. I felt like chaining myself to the tree.

My friend sent me this email. I also did a post on my facebook. http://www.stuff.co.nz/…/residents-rally-to-save-500yearold…

Dear Friends,

I just signed the petition "Save the Paturoa Kauri" and wanted to ask if you could add your name too.

You may have seen it in the news today but although I live nearby, I knew nothing of it until tonight.  I think it's criminal that permission can be given to destroy such ancient trees.  They were due to be felled today so please act quickly!  

This campaign means a lot to me and the more support we can get behind it, the better chance we have of succeeding. You can read more and sign the petition here:


Thank you!

C.M.

P.S. Can you also take a moment to share the petition with others? It's really easy – all you need to do is forward this email or share this link on Facebook or Twitter:




http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com/

No comments: