Friday, April 12, 2013

Mt Albert Baptist Church community weekend and letter V

The Youth of the church waving a sign for free car wash.

 A local "What's happening" magazine was there.   volkswagen kombi van for letter V 
so was skinny, a telephone provider.  Our Youth worker works for them.

Where would you get free sausages but from Mt Albert Baptist Church.

Salvation Army left a truck for people to donate to their shops.


Love Where You Live, a Community Service Weekend, is on this Saturday and Sunday - 13-14th April. We're inviting everyone in the area to love where they live by making this an even better place to live. As such, a number of community agencies are coming together this weekend around some key projects. Can you join us and get the word out to all your friends and networks too?

Official projects will include: Gardening, litter collection, painting, building, random acts of kindness, Salvation Army & food bank drop offs and much
more.

All the details of the projects and how to get involved can be found at www.lovewhereyoulive.org.nz.




http://scenicsunday.blogspot.com/ 


12 comments:

Karen said...

Oh I love that Kombi!

Laura said...

great images... I TOTALLY love where I live too:-)

Jama said...

If someone offer a free car wash here , there will be a very loonnnggg line! kekekekeke

Liz said...

Love the color of the combi.

My entries:
Liz (mcn)
Liz (mot)

Tempest Nightingale LeTrope said...

Car wash--at the moment the thought makes me shiver. It is only 15 degrees Fahrenheit here.

Dominique Goh said...

Those are really cool looking vans :)

Unknown said...

I once almost bought a VW bus!!! I'm kind of sad I didn't=)

Bythebookful

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

What a wonderful idea! I wish I lived closer...

Splendid Little Stars said...

very wonderful! "Love where you live" is a powerful message.

storybeader said...

what a great community activity to participate in! Have fun! {:-Deb

Annesphamily said...

Great images! I am always so excited to see what everyone is up too! Lots of great posts with clever ideas all over ! I have always loved VW buses! Enjoy your weekend!

Jenny said...

This sounds like a Valuable event for your community...

Very good post for the letter V...

I love the Volkswagen...

Thanks for linking...

A+