Tuesday, December 11, 2012

My World : Gas Bottle

I was thinking about the Gas delivery men in Malaysia and Singapore. Our Houses in Borneo were on stilts, and the poor man had to carry it up to the kitchen. In Singapore, I once lived up on the 4th floor, and the gas man had to carry them up. Luckily for them, I don't use gas, and sometimes they come to the wrong apartment. They thanked me for not using gas. In Auckland, some places have piped in gas, tanks like this are basically for BBQs. I don't because my husband is afraid of gas explosions. When I was growing up, I remember the aunties and mum always complaining to the poor gas man, "It is free from the ground, and you charge us so much." The cheeky man would retort and says, aunties, why you ladies don't get some for yourselves. The gas tanks over there are bigger than the 9 kilos on sale here. I got into trouble taking this photo. While I was taking photos, the young attendant came out and asked what I was doing. I couldn't say that I am taking photos to blog or facebook. He wasn't very fierce and he didn't ask me to delete my photos. He said, " It is illegal to take photos in the gas station. I was a little embarrassed and thought of Al Qaeda. Then I remember the time when my girl friends and I were having lunch at Merchant or was it Trader's hotel in the height of Al Qaeda in Singapore. There were check points everywhere bechttp://ourworldtuesdaymeme.blogspot.com/ Blogger doesn't let me pause It was near the American Embassy. My World Tuesday:
ost with paragraph. Does that happen to you>

2 comments:

eileeninmd said...

We use to have a gas grill outside with one of those tanks. I would not want to carry it around. Now we just use a charcoal grill. Have a great week, Ann!

Rajesh said...

Gas through the pipe saves lot of hard effort.