Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thursday Challenge: Silly Playing








These are archives photos, but have never been posted. See the silly face when I have to exert myself playing this silly play. The kid is now 15 years old, and I could never play with him this way now, nor can I do the upside down move. The other day, he told me he had abs, and tried to carry me.

Sadly, there are some mothers, including myself, who don't get to play with some of their children. This is because there are some ghosts like SIDS, still births, miscarriages and other horrible diseases had stolen their babies away.




I am using the analogy of this Elephant Ear plants as SIDS. If you happen to brush against this plant, or ingest it, it will make you very sick and very itchy. Some parts of plants are poisonous. They cause tongue and stomach irritation that can cause itching, swelling, and difficulty swallowing. Almost all genus and species of the family Aracea contain calcium oxylate crystals. Think of it as tiny shards of glass. or fiberglass.



I first came to know SIDS, Sudden Infant deaths and it became very real to me when two colleagues (spouses) came to ask me for special compassionate leave. Their daughter just rang. Her new baby just died.

She had taken him to a routine baby check up. Had a coffee before she came home. Put him to bed and went to the kichen. The next thing she knew, baby won't wake up and had died. Though they pacify her that he had SIDS and it was no fault of hers, her own finger pointed back at her. She always regreted that cup of coffee. What if she didn't?

Recently, I befriend Megan Lee through the most unusual circumstances. When I found out the tragedies in her life, I had to thank God that I only lost Andrew. Megan lost 2 boys to SIDS and two to miscarriages.

Megan posted on her Facebook page: Help. Please. Those who know me well, know that this is a cause, dearly close to my heart and soul. Help if you can. xxxx
Spring for SIDS
springforsids.org
Put a Spring in your Step … add a little Sunshine to your heart and Spring for SIDS by wearing your favorite Spring outfit and your SIDS sticker.

Her friend Cynthia Ohrns-burkhow added:
04/20/12. I want to share her two boys pass away in loving memory. If you want to donate come to

http://www.springforsids.org/teams look up CVW Angels 4.
It would mean the world if you guys come and support:

At the beginning of this year, I met L. at a seminar. I introduced myself as a bereaved mum. She whispered to me that she too, was one. Taken by SIDS, what was more cruel was it became a police case.

God brought these two women to me at the most unusual circumstances, to mutually comfort each other.

SILLY (Smile, Faces, Laughing, Playing, Things,...)

Thursday Challenge is a place for photographic fun and learning.

http://www.spunwithtears.com/thursday.html

1 comment:

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a very sad post, but these women are so blessed to now have you. You were quite limber back in the day!