Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My World Tuesday: Goslings going on an outing




I am repeating these photos because I love them very much. It was this time last year when I went to my favourite park and saw these three adult geese taking the goslings for a Sunday swim. They swam a whole stretch of over one hundred meters each way like a fleet of naval boats.


Do count and see how many goslings there are. I counted 17 or 18. Others counted as many as twenty. Ka Pai aka good job, Goosey Lucy and Daddy Gander.

When I observe the geese, I often see another adult goose tagging along mummy and daddy. They share protecting responsibilites and fight off other grown geese when they come too near to the goslings.


I invite you all to come to New Zealand to witness this marvelous sight.


http://showyourworld.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow! I am so glad you posted these again, because I didn't know you back when you posted these the first time, and I missed them. I don't think I've ever seen so many babies! And something else, how do they manage to keep such a straight line? Even humans can't walk that straight!

sheng said...

I thank you for visiting my blog, you have truly very nice photos and I envy you for being there in NZ, I wanted to be in that place when I was a kid, I thought of much ice and milk because of NZ.

Dave said...

Ah, a nice little outing for the little gooses Ann :-) - Dave

Naomi said...

Thank you for leaving a comment. I think it's my first time to visit your blog. My favorite color is blue not pink and not purple . When i was little i used to love the color pink and purple but now i got bored at those colors because I have a lot of pink stuff and my room was super pink.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

So adorable! Glad you posted it again, as I'm new to your blog.

I wonder what happened to the third goose's mate. I know they mate for life. I guess the extra one is kind of an aunty helping the proud parents along. (Ha ha -- I've never outgrown my childhood -- but these pictures do make me think of children's stories!!!