Friday, July 23, 2010

In Memory Of Barry



s

Barry Fraser, one of the first FMTSO shooters has passed away. He will be missed but not forgotten. I am sure I speak for all of us that knew Barry all of our thoughts and prayers go out to Linda, his children, family and friends.

http://mytownshootout.blogspot.com/

A mighty tree fell today,
A tree that was ridden with pain from cancer.
But he was majestic, standing high.
He was a great encouragement to all who read his writings.

I can't remember how I stumbled to his site, it could have been he is a Canadian, and I had lived a couple of years in Canada. It could be his frankness about his illness, I have a empathy with people who suffer.

I remember the first few comments we had. And it was about sheep.
I remember he invited me to join Friday Shoot out when I was still very new to blogging.

Thank you Barry, I enjoyed so much as part of your wider family.
Thank you Linda for allowing us to share Barry with us. Linda, I hope you will publish his book.

Barry's life is an indictment of my previous post on euthanasia.
Despite all his plan, euthanasia was not his option.

Here's some of my memories of Barry. Everyone ring your bell for Barry.

Barry said...
Come to think of it I'm not sure I've ever seen a black sheep, outside photographs.
February 20, 2009 4:52 AM

Blogger Ann said...
Hi Barry,
In New Zealand, where sheep out number human beings, there is the occasional dark brown/black sheep.
Next time I see one on my trips out of Auckland, I will get out of the car, and snap a photo just for you.
Or I might smuggle one and ship it to you. LOL. I wrote about it.
http://annkschin.blogspot.com/2008/11/sheep.html

February 20, 2009 1:43 PM

http://ann-mythoughtsandphotos.blogspot.com/2009/05/baa-baa-black-sheep.html

I have been on a look-out for Barry, http://anexplorers.blogspot.com/
for a black sheep after I posted my daughter G's lamb concert-performance-by-kindy-kids.

Yes, I found not one, but three black sheep for you Barry, at the Cornwall park.

3 comments:

Ensurai said...

Ann - you are really a great friend to fellow bloggers Barry and Linda!!

So touching. And my condolences to Linda and family.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about this. But what you have written is a wonderful tribute to Barry, so much so that I did go to his blog and read a bit. I would have liked to have known him, he was a brave person with integrity. I am sorry for all of his followers for this loss.

Elaine Yim said...

I am so sorry to bear about this sad news. You have done a touching tribute to this special friend. I am sure fond memories of him will live on and Barry will always be remembered for all the great things he had down by all who knew him.