Thursday, May 20, 2010

High Court, New Zealand





4As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.
5Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.
Psalm 127

Today, my second child was admitted to bar as a barrister and solicitor. We were there to witness this event.

The judge told the new consuls that today was a culmination of years of hard work. Now their learning has just began.

My friends say that I must be a very proud mum. Am I proud? No! but I am extremely happy for her. I quoted the Bible verse Psalm 127. I am also reminded that all children are gifts of God. It is our responsibility to bring them up. We have prayed for her.

This is the second time I sat through a Bar admission ceremony. In 1977, I was with my mum when my brother Charles was admitted to bar. It's like a cycle. My mum and my brother, and me and my daughter. Incidentally, Charles also was with his daughter when she was admitted to Bar.

2 comments:

Ensurai said...

That's a great day for your daughter....and so be it...let the learning begin....wonderful!!

Ensurai said...

Oops...clicked too fast....you have done well my dear....especially in the praying....

Pray incessantly....and that's what I do all the time for my children.