Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My World Tuesday: Brisbane

c



http://showyourworld.blogspot.com/

New Year 2010, I took the train from Surfers Paradise to Brisbane. We had fun especially in the Science centre.

Look at the gem Brisbane city gave to me. In the grounds of the Arts, Museum , Science centre, was a mother duck protecting 3 ducklings. She did not even move when spectators got very near to them.

Near by is the Brisbane Eye. I did not go on it because it was very hot and I don't like going round and round and round. Click on this , for a close up photo taken by the water engineer when he came on a work assignment trip.

Once the Singapore Wheel broke down for many hours, and people had no where to pee and it was terrible in the humid hot weather. This reinforced me not to go on a wheel. http://annkschin.blogspot.com/2008/12/singapore-flyer.html

8 comments:

allhorsestuff said...

Hi there Ann!
Thanks for stoppin' by today.
I love the LOOK of that big ol' ferris wheel ...but after hearing the no place to P story...um...I'll keep my feet on the ground too!
Your header is fantastically fun to look at!

That momma duck was smart...kept her little babies safe in tight to her...they may have gotten confused by everyone if she moved. Cute photos.

To answer your question about how often I ride...as often as I can, but horses are athletes and sometimes they are tired or sore and yesterday, my mare and Pantz had their teeth floated( trimmed professionally so) and they were totally out of it! Also, my mare had a bit of surgery...I am posting on Sunday...but it may be too grafic for some. I will place a warning on the post or space out the photo's so someone may read and not look!
See you around Ann!!
KK

Glennis said...

I am not too fond of riding a ferris wheel either but it is because I have a fear of heights.

Reader Wil said...

Hi Ann, thanks for your visit! No my daughter didn't tell me that this summer was the hottest one since a long time. Well I am glad I am not in Australia now. So you were in Brisbane! I should prefer to go on the London Eye, because my eldest daughter, who is a technical draughtswoman, had drawn part of that wheel. It was made in Holland. Have a great day and not too hot, Ann.

Anonymous said...

I have not been on a ride like that in my lifetime.

Ensurai said...

Looks like every country has an "Eye".

Photos all look so good and wonderful...I need a holiday! Again!

Cheryl said...

What a wonderful photo of the ducks. Now that is a beautiful sight to see. I think I would stay far away from the ride, don't like those at all. Not even to watch! I will stick with the carousel!

Redzlan aka Tabib said...

Beautiful pictures.
That female mallard duck and her babies. Love that!.

serline said...

I break into a sweat on a Ferris wheel...:{