Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday Stills: Barns:Kings Barn New Zealand


 http://gigigriffis.blogspot.com/2009/04/sunday-stills.html
http://justwatching.wordpress.com/
This is a new group, every Sunday, we have a challenge. I am glad I had this photo. I drive pass it sometimes and I happen to have my camera with me.
Kings Garden Barns are actually garden centres aka plant nurseries.  There are seven of these barns in Auckland, very distinctive by it's yellow colour.
Garden Centres are some of my favourite places. Even if I don't buy anything, I like to do my window shopping the way other people do in shopping malls. I am a country girl at heart. Even when the water engineer was a professor, and i was a faculty wife, I was more comfortable digging with dirt under my nails than spending time doing a manicure.

6 comments:

gigi said...

I'd say! You can't miss those very distinctive Yellow barns/nurseries! Very pretty and thanks for joining. This was my first week doing the Sunday Stills too. I think that I'm going to really like these weekly assignments. Blessings on your day!

Ed said...

very cool, Welcome to Sunday Stills, just a quick bit of info , post at the challenge blog to let others know you have posted and a link to this blog of you are going to post here.
Later...Ed

Bitsa Lit said...

oh I agree with you! Dirt over manacures any day! I love the country but hate spiders with a passion. Its too bad that my love and hare are never really seperated. Im getting over it though.... :D

Anonymous said...

A barn is a barn. :) Nice shot.

Reggie Girl said...

What beautiful color in this picture Ann.......
I too love to dig in Mother Earth, so therapeutic isn't it?
And I have a thing for old barns.....maybe because I'm old????

Steady On
Reggie Girl

Steffie said...

Cool! Never seen one like that.And cheerful too. Lovely shot.