Sunday, February 1, 2009

Drs Doom and Gloom 2




More than $1 billion worth of major Auckland civic developments are under threat from the global recession which has sent returns from the regional council's strategic investments into freefall.

I am not very interested in the whole recession business. The water engineer is, and it is his favourite topic.

I had been to the Auckland Eden Park where they are redeveloping for the Rugby World Cup. I hope this is not going to be affected. I will post the pix I took of this iconic place later.

In my walk, I saw this signboard. I just hope that they will not cut down this giant oak tree, It was laden with acorns, and I think of the Little chick chick, who thought the sky was falling. Upon closer look at the valley, there is a patch of empty ground.

No comments: